CPD Connect: GPN Level 3 Child Protection - March 2019
CPD Connect: GPN Level 3 Child Protection - March 2019`30/01/2019
This course covers and fulfils some key level 3 competencies regarding child protection
Most care for children and young people is delivered outside the hospital setting. Safeguarding children and young people requires all general practitioners to be effective when dealing with child abuse. GPNs should recognise and respond to the needs of children and young people in special circumstances, through referral and joint working.
The learning outcomes are:
1) Learn what medical skills are involved in child protection;
2) Recognition of patterns of child abuse injury;
3) Identification of serious and urgent injuries;
4) Awareness of local services;
5) Understanding of multi-agency working in Child Protection;
6) Awareness of the Specialist Child Protection Team at RACH.
Please note, lunch will not be provided; however, please feel free to bring your own lunch.
19th March 2019
12:30 – 16: 00
Forest Grove House, Foresterhill Road, Aberdeen AB25 2ZP
Limited funded spaces are available for Practice Nurses.