Video Consultation Skills
Why do video consultation peer review?
- Communication skills are one of the five core categories highlighted in the Scottish GP Appraisal process.
- Submitting consultations for peer review will enable you to cover this category in the appraisal process, in preparation for revalidation.
How does it work?
Each video consultation:
- must include four complete consultations.
- must be properly consented by the patient and yourself for educational use.
- will be reviewed by a GP who is part of a group that has considerable experience in analysing consultations with patients and in giving consistent and helpful feedback.
How will this help me as a GP?
- Constructive formative feedback about what went well and suggestions on how to improve your consulting style will be given.
- The process will help you develop a patient centred approach to consulting.
- To find out more on how to complete and submit consultations for peer review: Consultation Skills/Video Consultations Document. *please read the technical section carefully regarding files that can be accepted (MP4, AVI, MPEG)
- Documents that are required to be completed electronically and returned to GP Peer Review Admin can be found here.
- Top tips for pre-SPESC submission.
- Costs: £175. Please contact Joyce Quin/Catrina Gordon for payment option. Contact details can be found at the foot of this page.
- The review process takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks from the date of submission of your video (and may be longer depending on availability of reviewer or need for second review).
- Instructions on how to submit consultations, can be found here.
For any general queries please contact: